Duplicate photos have the potential to eat up valuable hard drive space. The worst aspect about these photos is that they frequently end up dispersed throughout your photo library, making it challenging to locate and delete them. Sure, you can remove these pictures one at a time as you find them, but it would take too much time.
How to locate and remove duplicate photographs on a Windows PC is the most important question that people who deal with duplicate images have. Hence, we will discuss this in this blog post.
Without further ado, let’s explore how you can efficiently find duplicate photos in Windows Pc and remove them from your PC.
You must group duplicate photographs together in order to delete them in bulk. The scattered character of these photos is the drawback and the most bothersome aspect of the process. They must be collected from several locations before being deleted. There aren’t many methods that are effective with this kind of issue.
Use File Explorer to get rid of duplicate images from your collection if you have a single location for all of your pictures. It will take a lot of time, but it can help you organize your photographs.
Follow the below-given steps to do so:
- Utilize File Explorer to view the photographs folder.
- Extra Large Icons will now be the folder’s default appearance.
- You may get a decent preview of your photographs with these symbols.
- Find duplicates by scrolling down these photographs, then use the Ctrl key to pick each one at a time.
- After you’ve finished choosing, simply remove them to finish.
Although the procedure takes time, it can produce good outcomes. There are two requirements for this method to function, though.
The first thing you need is a central photo album where you may store all of your pictures. Second, the number of photographs should be kept to a minimum because choosing among hundreds of photos could bother you.
The most comprehensive gallery of your device images is the images application on your PC. The photo management application has a feature that lets you manually discover and remove duplicate photos in bulk. Here is how to apply the method.
- Launch the Photos program on your computer.
- Navigate to settings, then select Viewing and photo Editing.
- Switch off the toggle. You can now see all the duplicate pictures.
- Please mark each duplicate photo individually and choose Delete to remove them all.
This is a great method for people who have a lot of photo folders on their computers. But this one too has the same time-consuming problem.
Additionally, not all photos are always available in the Photos application’s gallery because not all locations are searched for images.
After experimenting with the built-in tools that Windows provides, it is now evident that they are ineffective for someone with tons of images to go through. To efficiently and swiftly sort duplicate photos, require an automated method.
A photo-finding tool searches every folder on your computer for duplicate or related pictures. They are automatically grouped, and you are shown where to mark and delete the undesirable shots. For context, here is how the tool functions:
- Choose the scan source after installing the app on your computer. You can add folders from the attached external drive or from a PC, Google Drive, Dropbox, or another service.
- You can drag and drop images into the software from a specific folder to add them.
- After marking the folder, select “Scan for Duplicates.”
- Allow the computer to look for duplicate photos.
- Examine their attributes to find the duplicates.
- To remove all the duplicate images at once, select Delete Marked.
With only one click, all of your duplicate files will be erased. It’s really simple to use! When you wish to mass-erase duplicate photos, the program provides excellent versatility.
There are always limitations to the duplicate photo removal methods that are accessible. You must use third-party programs to accomplish the task if you want to go for a comprehensive solution.