Image Source: Pexels
Are you looking to boost your sales and drive customer engagement through content marketing?
You’re not alone.
According to HubSpot data, around 60% of marketers measure a content marketing strategy’s success through sales.
The data highlights how successful content marketing can help your business increase sales. It can also drive audience engagement, generate traffic, and boost your website ranking.
However, increasing sales through content marketing requires a strategic approach to be effective.
This is where our guide to help you nail your content marketing efforts and grow your sales comes in handy.
Start with the four tried and tested content marketing tips below.
Let’s jump right in.
1. Create compelling videos
Videos are excellent content marketing materials because they can capture and hold people’s attention more effectively than other content types.
People are more likely to remember information presented in video form, making it an effective tool for conveying important information and marketing messages.
Videos can increase your content’s value to potential customers.
Plus, videos can raise your web content’s chances of ranking higher in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) since search engines consider video content value-adding.
The higher your web pages rank in SERPs, the better your content’s visibility, increasing your traffic and sales opportunities.
Create compelling marketing videos with these quick tips:
- Make your videos visually appealing. Use high-quality visuals and graphics to make captivating videos that appeal to and engage your target audiences.
- Keep It short and sweet. While your video’s length can depend on the topic and platform where you will publish it, it’s always a good idea to keep your videos short and to the point.
Most audiences have short attention spans, so consider keeping your videos around one to two minutes long.
- Use a compelling title and thumbnail. Attract potential customers to your video quickly with a catchy title and thumbnail. More viewers can lead to more sales.
- Include a Call-to-Action (CTA). Add a CTA in your videos to encourage viewers to act on your offers. It can help you drive conversions and sales with your videos.
Create your marketing videos using graphic design tools such as Canva.
Canva’s online video drag-and-drop editor offers functional features, including design tools and templates, to help you create videos quickly and easily.
Image source: canva.com.
If creating videos takes too much time and effort, consider outsourcing to an agency with reliable corporate video production services.
2. Vary your content
Don’t just stick to one type of content.
Experiment with various formats and types to keep your content fresh, interesting, and engaging to your target audience.
The more unique and compelling your content pieces are, the higher your chances of standing out from competitors and attracting more people to your brand.
Consider creating the following content types to amplify your marketing efforts and make content work in a world saturated with content.
- Blog posts. Share in-depth information about your products, services, or industry through well-written blog posts. You can leverage blog posts to educate, inform, and engage your audience and potential customers.
Follow time-tested content writing tips to create high-converting blog posts.
- Infographics. Create infographics to present complex information in a simple, easy-to-understand, and visually appealing way. Infographics are also great for turning your previously published content pieces into new formats to repurpose them.
- Podcasts. Besides written and visual formats, you can share in-depth information in audio form through podcasts.
Podcasts can be highly engaging mediums and a great way to capture and hold your target audience’s attention.
Determine the content formats and types your target audiences want and best respond to and leverage those for your content marketing strategy.
3. Develop a content promotion plan
Effective content promotion requires a solid plan.
After all, it takes more than posting your content to get your target audiences to read, view, and consume your content and convert passive audiences into paying customers.
You must determine the best approach, tools, and resources to promote your content successfully.
Start with these tips:
- Determine your goals. Set specific objectives for your content promotion. Do you want to generate website traffic? Generate leads? Increase sales? Knowing your goals can help create a more targeted and effective promotion plan.
- Identify your target audience. Who do you want to reach with your content? Identifying your target audience will help you determine the best channels and tactics for promoting your content.
- Create a content calendar. A content calendar helps you plan and organize your content promotion efforts, including when and where to promote your content.
You can use content calendar templates like HubSpot’s blog editorial calendar below.
Image source: hubspot.com.
- Use multiple channels. Promote your content through various channels, such as paid advertising, email marketing, and social media, to widen your reach.
- Analyze and optimize. Regularly analyze your content promotion efforts’ performance and make adjustments as needed. The process can involve testing your content marketing channels, tactics, or targeting to see what works best.
A content promotion plan is crucial to your content marketing efforts, whether you sell jewelry or offer reliable resource tracking software.
Develop a successful content promotion plan that helps you achieve your goals and reach your target audience.
4. Integrate your marketing efforts
Avoid duplicating your marketing efforts and achieve greater efficiency by integrating your content marketing with your online marketing efforts.
Align your content pieces with your overall marketing strategy to ensure they support your marketing goals and objectives.
Follow these tips to ensure alignment across your content and entire marketing initiatives.
- Use your content to drive traffic to your other marketing channels. For example, include links to your social media profiles or email sign-up forms to encourage people to follow you on other platforms.
- Use your content to support your sales efforts. It can help educate and inform potential customers about your products or services. Include CTAs that encourage people to convert and buy.
- Build trust and credibility with your audience by including customer reviews and feedback in your marketing content.
It’s a great way to share real-life experiences with your brand, giving prospects a better idea about your products and services and enticing them to buy.
Additionally, keep your content consistent across your marketing channels and websites.
For example, you can use the same product details on your product pages and Instagram shop.
If you run an eCommerce store with products from popular marketplaces, use reliable tools such as ExportYourStore to automate and customize exporting and syncing your product listings.
Read this quick yet complete review of ExportYourStore to know more.
Nail your content marketing to get more sales
Content marketing can be a long-term strategy, and it may take some time to see results.
However, with a clear plan, strategy, and focus on creating high-quality, relevant content, you can effectively promote your business and drive sales through content marketing.